Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Traveling the Galaxy

So I have already been to Moon and Mars!!! Ironically, I live in Moon Township, which is about 20 minutes outside of the city of Pittsburgh. And Mars Township is another area of Pittsburgh that I have passed through a few times. Is it possible to visit all the planets?!

The idea of attempting to travel the galaxy came from a very good friend and mentor. We were talking about my love for travel and he was telling me that he was extremely happy with my decision to not go to Africa. And to lighten the mood, he said something along the lines of..."Well you have already been to Moon and Mars." ha ha ha ha...very funny. So with that comment I ventured on the Internet to see if it was possible. And as it turns out...it is!

So according to Google there is a Mercury, Alabama and a Mercury Street in San Diego.

There is a Venus, Texas, a Venus, Pennsylvania and a Venus, Florida. Also a Venus Street in San Fransico.

Jupiter, Florida and Jupiter Island Florida. Either one I would be happy to visit! There is also a Jupiter, Minnesota.

There is a Saturn in Indiana and Texas.

Uranus, New Mexico here I come!

Neptune, New Jersey or Neptune Beach, Florida...hmmmm

And I am just going to include the so-called dwarf of a planet Pluto. Pluto, Mississippi!!!

I did not list all the towns, cities and streets with the names of planets. Just picked out a few.

So it is possible to figuratively say you have traveled to all the planets in our solar system, including our MOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment