Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bucket List of Destinations

This past Tuesday at my internship at WTAE I went out on two stories with Michelle Wright. To my excitement, she was doing a promotional piece on a travel agency: Holiday Travel International. The focus of the piece was on how people can save money on their vacations. I was not interested in hearing what the travel agents had to say about money savers. I was completely interested in their travel stories!

The couple who owned the agency had so many travel stories. I could have listened to them all day. The one lady just got back from Egypt. She went on a Nile River cruise and rode a camel for only $15. She said that if you paid anymore for a camel ride that you were being ripped off. That was shocking news to me. You would think that riding a camel is such a must do thing in Egypt that they would charge an obscene amount of money.

Egypt is definitely on my "Bucket List of Destinations."

The next travel story they told was about a Ritz Carlton Tour through China. How incredible does that sound?! Go from city to city, Ritz to Ritz. Yet another adventure added to the list.

Other destinations that have made my list so far: Dubai, Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef, Madrid, Barcelona, as many places as I can get to in Greece, Hawaii, Russia, China, African Safari, and Brazil (rainforest safari). I am positive the list will continue to expand.

I also want to go to Mokai Gravity Canyon in Taihape, New Zealand. The reason...When I was in Interlaken, Switzerland I went canyon jumping. I jumped off a cliff that was almost 300 ft high...attached to a cord of course! It was an incredible experience that generated an unexplainable feeling. I was told that there are only three places in the world where you can do this type of canyon jumping. I would like to tackle all three, but I don't remember where they said the other spot was...

Until I get the next opportunity to travel outside the United States, I think I am going to take some time to explore my own city a little more...Pittsburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment