Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apples. Apples. Apples.

There is a first time for everything...Apple picking in Central New York.  There are many apple farms throughout Central New York that are set up so people can pick the apples right off of the trees.  The one I went to this fall was called Beak and Skiff.  I never picked apples off of a tree before and I've never baked an apple pie by myself.  Well I can no longer say "never have I ever" to those two things because I managed to do both in one day.

With two of my roommates, I took a tractor ride to the apple trees and immediately began pulling apples off of trees.  It was an unusual activity to me, but I now know the attraction.  We did not stop picking apples until our entire bag was filled.  Pulling an apple off a tree created a slight thrill!

We could not help, but try the apples as we pulled them of the trees.  Since we figured we got all our needed nutrition for the day, we decided to fill up on the sweet delicious apple treats that were being sold at the apple farm.  We ate warm apple fritters and apple donuts.  Followed by a glass full of warm apple cider.  Since our tastebuds wanted more, we went into the store and bought apple bread and a jar of peach salsa.  The salsa was so good, we knew we would need to go back to Beak and Skiff to stock up on peach salsa to get us through the winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment